[Paraview] problem on the max field value over time

linzhenhua linzhenhua at 163.com
Wed Jul 23 05:05:09 EDT 2014

Hi,

I want to plot the temporal variation of the maximum field value over time. I use two methods and the results are different in paraview.

The first method is to use the Descriptive statistics filter (Green line). The second method is to use the Find data tool(orange line). It seems to me that the latter one is more reasonable as the max field value should decrease with time. The result from the find data tool also agree with the scale data range.

Does this mean that there is a bug in Descriptive Statistics filter?