[Paraview] get the sum of a cell or point variable (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Jul 22 16:20:11 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Errr.... what would be the equivalent to "menu->save" in python script? Sorry
for making it difficult as the whole thing is a part of a elaborate automation
from running simulation to getting the final result. Calling python calculator
to calculate sum will be in a script run with pvbatch in parallel environment.
Is CSV file format the best format if I just want to write that sum value out
to a file? Any example script on writing 1 variable to CSV file format?

Thanks
-simon