[Paraview] Plugin Crashing on PV 3.12 RC2

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Wed Jul 16 12:28:14 EDT 2014

On 2014-07-15 16:45, David E DeMarle wrote:
> The syntax has changed repeatedly over the years.
>
> I _think_ that the magic you are missing is currently buried underneath the
> CMake call to pv_process_modules.
>
> That configures a file that makes void @PLUGIN_NAME at _CombinedInitialize()
> that paraview calls at run time to make those CS wrapped classes
> instantiable by the process module. (or something like that)

Thanks! That was the hint I needed... chasing down _CombinedInitialize
led me to PLUGIN_EXTRA_CS_INITS, which is set by the CS_KITS argument
to add_paraview_plugin.

So now I am doing this:

  # library/CMakeLists.txt

  vtk_module(MyLib)
  vtk_module_library(MyLib ${MyLib_sources})

  # plugin/CMakeLists.txt

  include(vtkClientServerWrapping)

  vtk_add_cs_wrapping(MyLib)
  add_paraview_plugin(MyPlugin "1.0" ... CS_KITS MyLib)
  target_link_libraries(MyPlugin MyLib MyLibCS)

...and it works :-D.

--
Matthew