[Paraview] Plugin Crashing on PV 3.12 RC2

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Tue Jul 15 15:31:32 EDT 2014

Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit <at> kitware.com> writes:
> The problem is your VTk classes aren't getting compiled in/wrapped
> correctly. Let me check it out.

Is there a general solution to this?

I'm having the same problem. I have a paraview plugin that I am trying
to refactor so that the VTK pieces are in their own library (I want to
be able to use them in other tools without dragging in all the paraview
stuff on top). Here's the condensed CMake:

  vtk_module(MyLib)
  vtk_module_library(MyLib ${MyLib_sources})

  add_paraview_plugin(MyPlugin "1.0" ...)
  target_link_libraries(MyPlugin MyLib)

Before I split things (i.e. ${MyLib_sources} were passed to
add_paraview_plugin as SERVER_SOURCES), everything worked fine.

(Note: just for grins, I verified that I can call methods on the
classes in MyLib from MyPlugin without link errors, so it's not that
the classes just aren't being exported. It's something with then not
being properly registered such that they can be created by name.)

--
Matthew