[Paraview] Using JOIN to load images from Many HDF files.

John Hammonds JPHammonds at anl.gov
Fri Jul 11 10:51:44 EDT 2014

I tried posting this to the XDMF mailing list and have received no
response.  Hoping someone here can help...

I have a number of images(a few hundred) , each collected in an
individual HDF file, that I am trying to read into Paraview using a XDMF
file.  I have found that I can use JOIN to do this but it seems that I
need to nest the JOINs.  The nesting seems to be due to some limit on
the number of things that can be referenced in the JOIN.  I seem to be
limited to ten items in the join list.  All of this has me building some
odd Join files due to the way things are joined at each level.  I am
wondering if I am missing something that would make this a lot simpler.
Esp since I seem to have trouble when large sets are not the same size.
I am including a working XDMF file an example of one of the HDF files
for reference.

John Hammonds

John Hammonds
Software Services Group