[Paraview] connectivity errors

Angelini, Richard C (Rick) CIV USARMY ARL (US) richard.c.angelini.civ at mail.mil
Thu Jul 10 12:20:50 EDT 2014

Yes – it was a versions issue.    I “borrowed” someone else’s build script and didn’t look closely enough to see that it wasn’t picking up the production release.     8-)

________________________________
Rick Angelini
USArmy Research Laboratory
CISD/HPC Architectures Team
Phone:  410-278-6266

From: Burlen Loring <burlen.loring at gmail.com<mailto:burlen.loring at gmail.com>>
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 12:16 PM
To: "U.S. ARL" <Richard.C.Angelini.CIV at mail.mil<mailto:Richard.C.Angelini.CIV at mail.mil>>, "paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>" <paraview at paraview.org<mailto:paraview at paraview.org>>
Subject: Re: [Paraview] connectivity errors

Hi Rich,

Did you get it to work? You should be using the same version on both sides. If you are setting this up for multiple people it's simpler to use the official releases, and do version check in your server side scripts, print a nice error message when someone connects with an unsupported version. The scripts<https://github.com/burlen/pvserver-configs> I wrote for NERSC Edison  have this check.

Burlen