[Paraview] Rotational velocities

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 8 17:45:11 EDT 2014

Two questions from a user.  I don't yet know if the user is using ParaView remote server.  I know that we have number 1) being implemented, but is there any other way to do it?  Any ideas on 2)?

Thanks,

Alan

1)      I want to calculate the average nodal velocity for nodes in a particular element block. How do I do that? The documentation for paraview discussing how one might do that is very confusing and not all that helpful.

2)      I want to calculate the rotational velocities of a component (block of elements) in paraview using the nodal translational velocities. How do I do that?

Thanks for your help.