[Paraview] Nvidia K20x on cluster

Albina, Frank frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com
Tue Jul 8 02:37:30 EDT 2014

IMHO, the issue is that you need to tell the NVIDIA driver that a screen will be connected at any time to the GPU, but you need to supply the driver with the screen data via a custom EDID file, like so in your xorg.conf file:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    [...]
    Option       "CustomEDID" "DFP-0:/etc/X11/edid-DELL_P2212H.bin"
    Option       "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP-0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"