[Paraview] Data Displayed Incorrectly

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Thu Jul 3 17:25:39 EDT 2014

The problem is that GL itself (almost always) has 4 byte floating point
precision. Thus anything VTK draws that needs more ends up loosing
precision. You see with really large and really small numbers. The latest
incarnation of VTK's charts do not have the same problem.

In any case, thanks Leo for tracking the issue down and posting the
solution to the list.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer