[Paraview] PDF export missing colors

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Tue Feb 25 08:23:19 EST 2014

Hi Jon,

Good, that was going to be my next suggestion -- disabling "Interpolate
Scalars Before Mapping" helps preserve colors that may otherwise be lost
during the export.

As far as the axis, I think that might be as good as it gets. In ParaView,
there are ways to render an object in an overlay so that it always appears
on top, but the gl2ps library (which is used to generate the pdfs from the
3d geometry) internally depth sorts all of the primitives, so any
overlay-tricks are ignored.

A workaround would be to add an Outline source that is the same size as the
axis you want, then enable it's axis and set the box's opacity to 0. This
will in effect give you a custom axis that you can resize/relocate anywhere
you'd like. By making it slightly larger than your geometry, it shouldn't
clash like the other axis.

Hope this helps,
Dave