[Paraview] Updating default Qt version to Qt5

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Fri Feb 21 15:23:43 EST 2014

Hi folks,

For the past couple of weeks, I have been working on adding Qt5 support to
ParaView. Word is, we would like to make Qt5 the default.
Thoughts/Suggestions/Comments??

Currently, Qt5 support is in ParaView master and will be included in
ParaView 4.2. One can build ParaView against Qt5 by setting the
PARAVIEW_QT_VERSION CMake variable to 5. Currently, the default value for
this variable is 4 to maintain compatibility. There are two dashboards set
up to build ParaView against Qt5 (
http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3220461 &
<http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3220461%29.>
http://open.cdash.org/buildSummary.php?buildid=3220529)

If there are no qualms, I will work towards making the changes to set the
default PARAVIEW_QT_VERSION value to 5 and deprecating Qt4 support.

Thanks,

Sankhesh Jhaveri
Research & Development Engineer
Kitware, Inc.