[Paraview] How to call a specifc data set from a multi-block ExodusII data set?

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Aug 28 17:12:39 EDT 2014

That's not how you use the Python Histogram function. First of all, it doesn't just assume that the first argument is the name of the input array. Second, input arrays are specified with identifiers contained in strings. The Python interpreter thinks q is the Python variable q, not the field name.

Your script should look something like the following.

reader = ExodusIIReader(Filename='out.e')
histogram = Histogram()
histogram.SelectInputArray = 'q'
histogram.BinCount = 30

Try using the stack trace if you are having trouble determining the right Python functions to call.

-Ken