[Paraview] vector in netcdf files

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 19 13:17:57 EDT 2014

Matthias,

There are several netCDF readers. I think the one most relevant to you is
the one that reads the CF convention, which is the most general. This is
listed as "NetCDF files generic and CF conventions".

Unfortunately, it looks like the CF convention does not specify a
mechanism for defining vector fields, so it does not seem directly
supported by the reader. Your best bet for now is to define the components
as separate fields and then using the calculator filter to combine them
into a vector.

-Ken