[Paraview] [ParaView] Unofficial ParaView 4.1.0 SDK for Windows 32 and 64-bit

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Aug 11 11:03:27 EDT 2014

> The ParaView dev team switched from Open-MPI 1.6.2 backwards to 1.4.4,
> precisely because the support was dropped.

That is correct. That's  precisely why we've stuck with 1.4.4. I spent
a lot of time trying to packing 1.6.* on Windows to no success and
then decided to just stick with 1.4.4.

> Problem is that the source code for the current MS-MPI builds does not seem
> to be publicly available,

The problem with using MS-MPI is two fold:
1. I can't remember if its support MPIv2 API. I don't think so, but I
may be wrong.
2. The license (at least when I checked) doesn't allow us to packing
the dlls in our binaries. In other words, we would always have to have
the user manually install using the installer distributed by MS.

Utkarsh