[Paraview] Writing csv data in python script

Casey Goodlett casey.goodlett at kitware.com
Fri Aug 8 11:46:23 EDT 2014

I tried this in the binary download of paraview 4.1

>>> s = Sphere()

>>> w = DataSetCSVWriter(s, FileName='/tmp/test.csv',
FieldAssociation='Points')

>>> w.UpdatePipeline()

and successfully had a file written.

You might try explicitly passing your reader as input to the
DataSetCSVWriter rather than relying on the active source.

I am not familiar with partitioned unstructured grid to know if any
additional steps are needed.

good luck

On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:43 AM, denis cohen <denis.cohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Casey,
>
> I get no error and I read my data with
> XMLPartitionedUnstructuredGridReader.
>
> Denis
>

> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Casey Goodlett <casey.goodlett at kitware.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Do you get any error messages in the python console or output window?
>>
>> What type of data does your source produce polydata, unstructured grid,
>> etc?
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM, denis cohen <denis.cohen at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Casey,
>>>
>>> I've tried this like in your suggestion:
>>>
>>> SetActiveSource(IntegrateVariables1)
>>> DataSetCSVWriter()
>>> FileName="foo_points.csv"
>>> FieldAssociation = "Points"