[Paraview] ParaView python vs VTK python api (UNCLASSIFIED)

Su, Simon M CTR USARMY ARL (US) simon.m.su.ctr at mail.mil
Wed Aug 6 15:59:44 EDT 2014

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi Seb,

Thanks. Good point. I have assumed I am dealing with parallel code. Let me
check up on that.

Basically the whole purpose of this exercise is to have the simulation code
generate the data and visualize the data in real time (ParaView + catalyst).

If the code is not parallel, maybe we can just skip ParaView completely and
just use VTK to pop up the window and do the rendering when the data is
generated?

Or if the code is not parallel, we should change all the VTK python code into
ParaView python code? And run it with pvpython.

Which option would be the right way to do thing?

Or if the code is parallel, then the only option is to change the VTK code
into ParaView code?

Thanks
-simon