[Paraview] Bad X server connection

Jérémy Santina jeremy.santina at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 05:51:42 EDT 2014

Hello,

I am using ParaView 4.1.0 RC1 for Linux 64bit. I am connected via ssh and
when I am launching pvserver I get this :

Waiting for client...
Connection URL: cs://diablo.cerfacs.fr:11111
Accepting connection(s): diablo.cerfacs.fr:11111

Thus, the pvserver seems to work fine.

But when I am trying to connect to the server, I get this error message :

Client connected.
No protocol specified
ERROR: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 531
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x130d6b0): bad X server connection. DISPLAY=:0

No protocol specified
ERROR: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 322
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x130d6b0): bad X server connection. DISPLAY=:0

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I don't know how to fix this because I don't really know where the problem
could come from. I launched a pvserver on an other machine and I could
connect without having this issue so I guess the problem doesn't come from
my client machine.

Do you have any hints about how to solve this ?

Thanks.

Jérémy