[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Volume rendering of structured/regular grid

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Oct 30 10:32:14 EDT 2013

Actually, you shouldn't even have to do that. You should be able to just
change the representation to volume. If your data is a uniform rectilinear
grid (the information panel declares the type as Image (Uniform
Rectilinear Grid)), then it will be directly volume rendered using an
image-based volume renderer. If your data is curvilinear (the information
panel declares the type as Structured (Curvilinear) Grid), then ParaView
will internally run tetrahedralize under the covers and use an
unstructured volume rendering algorithm. As Utkarsh said, though, this
will increase the memory footprint.

-Ken