[Paraview] Problems reading 2nd order mixed meshes in xdmf format

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Oct 23 09:56:33 EDT 2013

Hi

PV is crashing reading a real-life mixed mesh, so in attempt to debug
the problem I created one-element mesh only to find that it also does
not work. I do not see why it should not work, according to the specs?
I have originally attached the mesh that causes the error. Here it is
again. I will try to report a bug at the bug tracker.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<Xdmf>
<Domain Name="Unnamed">
<Grid Name="Mesh">

<Geometry GeometryType="XYZ">
  <DataItem Format="XML" Dimensions="10 3">
    0.0 0.0 0.0
    1.0 0.0 0.0
    0.0 1.0 0.0
    0.0 0.0 1.0
0.5 0.0 0.0
0.5 0.5 0.0
0.0 0.5 0.0
0.0 0.0 0.5
0.5 0.0 0.5
0.0 0.5 0.5
  </DataItem>
</Geometry>

<Topology TopologyType="Mixed" NumberOfElements="1" >
  <DataItem Format="XML" DataType="Int" Dimensions="11">
    26   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  </DataItem>
</Topology>

</Grid>