[Paraview] Plugin: error at runtime: failure for request: vtkInformation

Sébastien Blaise sebastien.blaise at uclouvain.be
Wed Oct 23 08:14:01 EDT 2013

Thanks Utkarsh: it works now! I can't believe I missed that...

Sébastien

On 23/10/13 13:26, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Sebastien,
>
> vtkHighOrder filter not returning anything in RequestData(...) method.
> It must return 1 to indicate success.
>
> Utkarsh
>

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 5:13 AM, Sébastien Blaise
> <sebastien.blaise at uclouvain.be <mailto:sebastien.blaise at uclouvain.be>>
> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     I wrote a plugin wrote to visualize high-order data by recursively
>     splitting the elements. It is available here:
>     http://perso.uclouvain.be/sebastien.blaise/vtkPlugin/HighOrder.zip
>     http://perso.uclouvain.be/sebastien.blaise/tools.html
>
>     Since version 3.98 (I think) of Paraview, I get the following
>     error during runtime:
>     ERROR: In
>     /home/sblaise/ParaView-v4.0.1-source/VTK/Common/ExecutionModel/vtkExecutive.cxx,
>     line 754
>     vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (0x7797b50): Algorithm
>     vtkHighOrder(0x77ea510) returned failure for request:
>     vtkInformation (0x7791550)
>     Debug: Off
>     Modified Time: 398315
>     Reference Count: 1
>     Registered Events: (none)
>     Request: REQUEST_DATA
>     FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0
>     ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
>     FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
>
>     The plugin works well despite the error, but this is kind of
>     annoying. I tried to write an empty plugin that does nothing, and
>     I get the same error, so I may have missed something when
>     initializing the plugin.
>
>     Any idea?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sébastien

>     Please keep messages on-topic and check the ParaView Wiki at:
>     http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

Sébastien Blaise, PhD.
Université catholique de Louvain
Institute of Mechanics, Materials and Civil Engineering
Euler building, office a.014
Avenue Georges Lemaître, 4
1348, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)10 47 23 57 Fax: +32 (0)10 47 21 80
E-mail: sebastien.blaise at uclouvain.be
http://perso.uclouvain.be/sebastien.blaise