[Paraview] Composited images have wrong depth order when doing insitu visualization with Catalyst

谢茂金 xiemaojin at sccas.cn
Sat Oct 12 05:11:41 EDT 2013

Dear all,

I encountered a problem when doing the live data parallel visualization with Catalyst and Paraview 4.0.0. All seems good but the Output Messages window complaint like the following in each frame:

ERROR: In /path/to/myparaview/ParaView-4.0.0-RC2/ParaViewCore/VTKExtensions/Rendering/vtkKdTreeGeneratior.cxx, line 172

vtkKdTreeGenerator (0xf8e62d0): RegionIDs connot be 0.

The final composited images seem to have wrong depth order. I think this is caused by failing to build a valid kd-tree which Paraview depended to do the sort-last image composition. I googled “RegionIDs connot be 0” and found some information in [paraview] mail list, but did not found a proper solution.

So are there some way of specifying the regionIDs for the Kd tree or other advises to make it work properly?

Thank you very much and have a nice weekend!

Maojin, XIE