[Paraview] libOSMesa.so is missing during Mesa installation for ParaView off-screen Rendering

Oz Wizard ozwizard333 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 6 13:38:08 EDT 2013

Francois,

Thank you for the answer. After "--enable-osmesa" the ParaView installed fine and now I have "libOSMesa.so" file.

But now I am having a different problem. When I try to run the command "paraview" in the terminal, it gives the error below:

The program 'paraview' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install paraview

I tried to add the line "source /home/...../...../projects/ParaView-bin/bin/paraview" but it didn't help.

cmake -D PARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI:BOOL=OFF -D VTK_USE_X:BOOL=OFF -D VTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA:BOOL=ON -D OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=$HOME/projects/Mesa-9.1.6/include -D OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:PATH=  -D OPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/lib/libGLU.so -D OSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=$HOME/projects/Mesa-9.1.6/include -D OSMESA_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/local/lib/libOSMesa.so $HOME/projects/ParaView-v4.0.1-source

Am I getting this error because of the settings above that I have chosen? The Linux box I am using is headless so there is no GUI.

Thank you very much for the help again
Oz