[Paraview] how to extract elevation at a point for a dynamic, implicit surface

Chris Kees cekees at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 15:33:05 EDT 2013

I can't seem to work out the  proper sequence  of filters for the following.

I have a 2D triangular mesh with a time-dependent scalar field, say phi. I
want to generate a single isoline, say phi=0, which I can do with the
contour filter, but then I want to generate a single point by intersecting
the isoline with a vertical line, say x=1. Then I want to save the time
series of that point, which would look something like  t_0, 1,  y(t_0),
t_1, 1, y(t_1),...,t_n since the x-coordinate doesn't change.

Thanks,
Chris