[Paraview] Failed to locate server for newly registered proxy ( "animation" , "AnimationScene2" )

Chris Kees cekees at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:12:21 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been having an intermittent failures initiating connections to
remove servers. That is, I have successfully used paraview in
cliient/server mode many times but also had many connection failures.
All I get is the error:

Failed to locate server for newly registered proxy ( "animation" ,
"AnimationScene2" )

It shows up after I select the server configuration and click connect
(i.e. when it would normally be ssh'ing to the server). Ssh works and
I have no trouble connecting to the servers manually with ssh.
Paraview crashes after the error message is printed.  Sometimes after
3 or 4 failures(restarting paraview each time), the connection will
succeed.

I'm attaching the servers files. This happens with paraview 3.14.1 and
3.14.0, on mac os x 10.8 and ubuntu 12.10, and on commercial broadband
and gigabit ethernet connections. I am using kitware paraview binaries
on the client, while the server binaries match those versions and were
built by sys admins. Unfortunately we don't have paraview 3.98
installed on the servers yet so I can't test the latest. The
configurations I'm using out of the list are 'garnet', 'diamond', and
ERDC Utility Server. Same error for all configurations at about the
same frequency.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris