[Paraview] Issues with pvpython and python

Chukwudi Chukwudozie cchukw1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Thu Mar 28 13:11:08 EDT 2013

Hi,

Am am still unable to resolve me two issues with pvpython and python on my
mac OSX 10.7.5.

1.)  I saved a python trace which I ran successfully on terminal. I tried
to run the same script using python and I get the following error messages.

Chukwudis-MacBook-Pro:Python chukwudichukwudozie$ python trace.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "trace.py", line 2, in <module>
    except: from paraview.simple import *
  File "/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview/simple.py",
line 39, in <module>
    import servermanager
  File
"/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 43, in <module>
    import paraview, re, os, os.path, new, sys, vtk
  File
"/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Python/paraview/vtk/__init__.py", line
1, in <module>
    from vtkCommonPython import *
ImportError:
dlopen(/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Libraries/vtkCommonPython.so,
2): Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Libraries/libvtkCommonPythonD.pv3.14.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Applications/ParaView.app/Contents/Libraries/vtkCommonPython.so
  Reason: image not found

2.)  I have a simple python script to plot a graph. I tried to run the same
script using pvpython and I get the messages below.

Chukwudis-MacBook-Pro:Python chukwudichukwudozie$ pvpython plot.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "plot.py", line 2, in <module>
    import numpy as np
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/__init__.py",
line 130, in <module>
    import add_newdocs
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/add_newdocs.py",
line 9, in <module>
    from lib import add_newdoc
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/lib/__init__.py",
line 152, in <module>
    from type_check import *
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/lib/type_check.py",
line 8, in <module>
    import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
  File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/__init__.py",
line 5, in <module>
    import multiarray
ImportError:
dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/multiarray.so,
2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/python/numpy/core/multiarray.so:
mach-o, but wrong architecture

When I do a print sys.path, it looks like paraview is using system
python2.5 which does not have numpy and matplotlib.

Any help on how to resolve these issues?

Thanks.

--
Chukwudi Chukwudozie
cchukw1 at tigers.lsu.edu
Craft and Hawkins Department of Petroleum Engineering
Louisiana State University
Patrick F. Taylor Hall (CEBA)
Room 3429
Baton Rouge LA, 70803