[Paraview] CoProcessing with Fortran and ParaView 3.98

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Mon Mar 25 17:56:26 EDT 2013

Hi Lucas,

I'm getting rid of the history as it was getting really long and making it
hard to read.

There is a bug with the vtkMPIImageReader --
http://paraview.org/Bug/view.php?id=13968. I think it should be fixed in a
couple of days.

I'm not getting the issues with the script that was in the tarball on my
linux machine but I'll try it on a Mac. I did have to have the python
script in the directory I was working in (a relative path to it didn't work
when I tried to run "./CoProcessingExample ../coproc.py").

Andy

===============

Hi Andy,

So I got the repo version of ParaView built on both my Mac laptop (10.7.5)
and Mac desktop (10.8.3).

The CoProc code from the tar file you sent compiles just fine on both
machines. On execution, both machines generate the error:

lucass-mac-pro:coprocf90 lucaspettey$ ./CoProcessingExample
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>
  File "/Users/lucaspettey/codes/BEC/
coproc.py", line 9, in <module>
    import vtkCoProcessorPython
ImportError: No module named vtkCoProcessorPython
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 2, in <module>....

So I thought that I would remake the images and generate a new coprocessing
script. The second problem is that ParaView crashes when it tries to open
.RAW files on either machine. I get the following error when I select the
file:

ERROR in .../vtkSIProxy.cxx line 307 vtkSISourceProxy: failed to create
vtkMPIImageReader

XDMF and other file types seem to open ok. These files opened fine under
the release version of ParaView.

Thanks,
Lucas