[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: python scripting

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 22 21:40:42 EDT 2013

Man, have I had that problem before.  What I did, which finally solved it, on Linux, was the following - both at build time and run time:

*         printenv | egrep PY. Then, take anything that sets up python and delete it.

*         setenv PATH path-to-your-python-executable:$PATH  (be sure to put your path before the $PATH).

*         setenv PYTHONPATH path-to-your-python-builds-modules, usually in lib/python-2.6 or somesuch.

I think that is correct - my problem build is on a computer that I can't get at this second.

Test with:
which python
Then run ParaView, and run Tools/ Python Shell.  Type 'import os', then 'os'.  It should tell you where your modules are coming from.

I am sure the Pyton gurus on the list could do better, but there are some ideas.

Alan