[Paraview] Numpy import error

Sohail Shafii ssshafii at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 22 01:59:47 EDT 2013

Importing numpy into python works. Same with import sys.path.

What's interesting is that ParaView uses python stored in /usr/local/ while
the version of Python that I use (i.e. default python from the terminal)
resides in /Library/Frameworks. The one in /usr/local does not have numpy.

I didn't think that ParaView was using the one in /urs/local, since it was
using the python binaries (PYTHON_EXECUTABLE and PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR) from
the Frameworks directory according to ccmake. However, it was using the
/usr/local version for the PYTHON_LIBRARY, which didn't catch my attention
when I was browsing the ccmake configuration. So it was effectively using
both for different tasks. Not surprising since my library path pointed to
/usr/lib and my path had the Frameworks folder as the first item.

I recompiled and it works now. Thanks.