[Paraview] Export spreadsheet values through python scripting

Masquelet, Matthieu (GE Global Research) masquelet at ge.com
Tue Mar 19 14:06:04 EDT 2013

Hum, I tried your suggestion but I can't get it to work:
- if I try "threshold" as argument for CreateWriter I get messages of the like:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 123, in <module>
  File "/software/paraview-3.98.1/lib/paraview-3.98/site-packages/paraview/simple.py", line 208, in CreateWriter
    writer_proxy = writer_factory.CreateWriter(filename, proxy.SMProxy, proxy.Port)
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'SMProxy'
- if I don't bother and only put a filename, I don't think the CreateWriter instance is created correctly:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 125, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'FieldAssociation'

Does that mean my vtk install is not correct/up to date? (I'm not sure what it is as this is managed by my sys admin...)

Thanks in advance,

Matthieu