[Paraview] paraview gaussian cube file

Kyle Lutz kyle.lutz at kitware.com
Wed Aug 21 17:30:29 EDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 6:29 PM, Fernando Cortes <fercor at unam.mx> wrote:
> Hello
>

> I am trying to visualize a gaussian cube file using paraview. I can see the
> isosurfaces but the atoms and bonds do not appear.
>
> I tried atom_type in GeometryRepresentation but nothing happened
>
> Could you help me?

Hi Fernando,

What version of ParaView are you using? With the current version and
the following steps I was able to visualize the atoms and isosurface
(screenshot attached).

1. Open cube file (in my case benzene-homo.cube)
2. Click "Apply"
3. Click on "Output" in the Pipeline Browser
4. Apply "Glyph" filter with "Glyph Type" = Sphere
5. Click on "Gridded Data" in the Pipeline Browser
6. Apply "Contour" filter
7. Change color mode to "Solid Color", select red color, set "Opacity" to "0.4"

Let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,
Kyle