[Paraview] Creating contour on IsoVolume

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Aug 21 10:32:31 EDT 2013

Hedieh,

My first suggestion is to use the Contour filter rather than either IsoVolume or Threshold. The result should take much less memory.

You did not mention what kind of data you have, and that makes a difference if you want to subsample your data. If you have a regular data set (image/uniform grid, rectilinear, or structured/curvilinear), then you can you use the Extract Subset filter to subsample the data. Turn on the advanced options and change the Sample Rate I,J,K to set the subsampling. If you have something like an unstructured grid, you can use the Resample With Dataset filter.

-Ken