[Paraview] Fastest way of getting Max/Min from multiple files.

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Mon Aug 19 16:07:24 EDT 2013

You mentioned saving processing time. if you're doing this more than
once on a given timeseries you could use a custom field data array to
store the min and max for each array that you care about. If these field
data arrays aren't present, then you'd compute them and rewrite the
first datafile in the series adding the new 2 value arrays. If the
arrays are present then use the pre-computed values. Assuming that you
don't have another reason for always reading/processing the entire time
series this could save you quite a bit of I/O overhead.