[Paraview] can vtkImplicitPlaneWidget be used in an XML-only paraview plug-in?

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Aug 14 10:26:53 EDT 2013

Dear mailing list members,

I managed to write c++ vtk-program that uses vtkImplicitFunctionToImageStencil
to "clip" image data. However one needs to copy past the origin and normal
coordinates of e.g. a clipping plane in paraview to the cli command. Therefore
I'd like to integrate this as a plugin into paraview using the
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget as a direct interaction method.
Now, I wonder if there is a way to write an XML-only paraview plug-in that uses
e.g. a vtkImplicitPlaneWidget as input to a chain of vtk-filters? I.e. would it
be possible to write an XML-plug-in that would give the same functionality as
the paraview clip-filter or would it have to be a c++ based plugin?
It seems there is no plug-in in the paraview XML-plugin list that uses a
vtkImplicitPlaneWidget nor could I find any instruction on that in the plugin howto.

Any help or hints are very much appreciated
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574