[Paraview] NASA OVERFLOW reader

Michael Robinson Michael.Robinson at kratosdefense.com
Tue Aug 13 12:28:55 EDT 2013

Berk:

I really appreciate your response, but it is still not working for us.
We produce 64-bit OVERFLOW grid and q files and are trying to visualize
them using ParaView 4.0.1.  The grid files are read without any problem.
However any attempt to read the q files produces errors.

On Windows 32-bit:

ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x32\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 754

vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (1E30E8E8): Algorithm vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader(14F540E0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (1E361D90)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 353439

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x32\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 754

vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (1E30E8E8): Algorithm vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader(14F540E0) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (1E361D90)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 353439

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

This error occurs immediately after selecting the q file.

If we then persist and hit the "Apply" button, the following error
message pops up:

ERROR: In C:\DBD\pvs-x32\paraview\src\paraview\VTK\Common\ExecutionModel\vtkExecutive.cxx, line 754

vtkPVCompositeDataPipeline (1E31A7B0): Algorithm vtkMultiBlockPLOT3DReader(143BAE38) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (1E36BE90)

Debug: Off

Modified Time: 364288

Reference Count: 1

Registered Events: (none)

Request: REQUEST_INFORMATION

FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0

ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1

We get the same type results on Linux 64-bit systems.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!  Thanks!!

Michael A. Robinson

Kratos/Digital Fusion

4904 Research Drive
Huntsville, AL  35805