[Paraview] Help with unstructured grid

Gerrit Laube gerrit.laube at ufz.de
Thu Aug 8 02:28:46 EDT 2013

Hi,

I am not really familiar with vtk DataFiles but from a first look, I
would say you are missing a "write(113,*) 'POINTS' nx*ny*nz float" line
after the Dimensions.

On page 3 of:
http://www.vtk.org/VTK/img/file-formats.pdf

it says:
DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID
DIMENSIONS nx ny nz
POINTS n dataType
p0x p0y p0z
p1x p1y p1z
p(n-1)x p(n-1)y p(n-1)z

And I think the number of Point_Data-sets should be nx*ny*nz instead of
nx, although you did not tell us too much about your problem. If this
does not work you should post the output file, of lets say a 4 point
grid from your code, instead of the source.

Good luck!