[Paraview] Build errors due to missing OSMesa include directory

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Tue Aug 6 16:37:18 EDT 2013

On 08/06/13 21:58, Paul Melis wrote:
> The strange thing is that I've been using the cmake config line I
> posted earlier on a different cluster and there it works fine.

And as always just after you post something you come up with the next
step to take, ah well, it's late :)

I just compared the working build against the build missing GL/gl.h and
the difference is that with the working build what actually gets
included is /usr/include/GL/gl.h, not the GL/gl.h header from the OSMesa
installation (hooray for gcc -E). On the system where the build fails
there is no system-wide <GL/gl.h>, as it has no GPUs, no X, etc... and
the OSMesa include dir isn't doesn't get correctly added to the search path.

Workaround: add a -I <osmesa include directory> to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS

(which is just what you suggested while I was writing this and waiting
(even at make -j64) for my build to finish :))

Blegh, that took better part of a day,
Paul