[Paraview] Which file formats support specified time in a time series?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Mon Aug 5 09:51:18 EDT 2013

Hi all,

What options exists in terms of file formats ParaView can read that
supports time-series data where you can specify the time for each
dataset in the series?

I know XDMF supports this and we have a solution for my particular
problem that uses XDMF and HDF5, but I'm wondering what other options
there might be as working with HDF5 can be... challenging.

Could I abuse XDMF to point to a collection of VTK multiblock XML
files, for instance?

Thanks!
Cory

--