[Paraview] New panel, widget update

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Aug 1 14:21:45 EDT 2013

The short answer is this is not possible. The properties panel is not
really meant to show results produced by the filter/reader. You could
add a "information panel" i.e. a new dock widget that shows all such
relevant information ad then you can use custom information properties
on the proxy for the reader to query the current value for f2, for
example.

We could extend the pqProxyWidget class to show widgets for
information-only properties, but that too won't solve your problem
since ParaView will not know when the information has changed.
Currently, it will do that when the property on that proxy was changed
and the user hit apply -- which is a good time to assume some of the
information-properties may have changed.

Sorry, I don't have a direct answer for you, but I hope that gives you
some ideas.

Utkarsh

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM, felipe.bordeu at ec-nantes.fr