[Paraview] Accessing GetAnimationScene() from the ProgrammableSource

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:02:01 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have a question about how to access internal ParaView data from the
Programmable Source source.

Specifically, I want to have a source that changes based on the animation
time, and so I would like to know how to get the current data-time
from within the python code of a Programmable Source.

So, using the Python_Scripting wiki entry on paraview.org, I have
found that from the Python Shell I can get information about the
current time of the animation using the GetAnimationScene() method,
so I'm hoping that there is a quick trick to accessing this data
from the ProgrammableSource python code.

Eg.
	>>> scene=GetAnimationScene()
	>>> print scene.AnimationTime
	30.0466

I think from there I can do some interesting stuff.

	Thanks in advance,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman