[Paraview] Difficulties with camera & time controls in ParaView animation

Bill Sherman shermanw at indiana.edu
Mon Apr 22 21:29:00 EDT 2013

Hello,

I'm having trouble with two separate aspects of creating a ParaView
animation: camera & time.

I am using a git version of ParaView from February 21, 2013.
"commit e81e45898f1fa6d59d95e7b0fe6da324044f38dd".

First the camera issue -- when I use the keyframe method of camera
control, I just to different keyframes, with the camera placed where
I want, and then set "Use Current", and when reviewing the numbers
they all seem correct, but then when I go to play the animation,
the distance from the point of interest/focus jumps to the distance
I want at the end of the animation rather than where I actually placed
it.

I then tried the spline method, but it has the same problem -- no matter
how far away I move the spline point, the camera is extremely zoomed in
on the data.

Second the time issue.  In the timekeeper bar, I setup a sawtooth pattern
for data-time (aka "value").  However, frequently ParaView seems to be
sorting my time keyframes, and it puts time into a triangle wave pattern.
Any way to disable the sorting of the keyframes?  I'm happy to go
and modify the code for my version of ParaView.

	Thanks,
	Bill

--
Bill Sherman