[Paraview] avi format

Nick DiZinno dizinno at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 15:12:56 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have paraview 3.98.1 installed on a desktop using Fedora 18 and paraview 3.14.1 installed on a laptop using Fedora 17. Both were installed using the yum repository.

On the laptop, I can save animation to ogv format, but not avi. On the desktop, I cannot save animations at all.
Can someone assist me? I have read about compiling from source using certain options...I'm not that savy with the build process. It would be great If I could just modify something existing to fix the scenario.

Thanks,

nd