[Paraview] ParticlesPathes too short?

Favre Jean jfavre at cscs.ch
Tue Apr 16 11:31:53 EDT 2013

Hello there,

I have a time-dependent dataset with 1467 timesteps, going from t=0.0 to t=7.3 with fixed increments of 0.005 seconds

I am only partly successful in using ParticlePath. The pathes drawn are too short. I have seen the previous postings but did not find much help.

Even though I set the Termination Time to a time larger than the effective maximum time, my particle pathes are smaller than expected (about half as long as the same pathes calculated with another application).

Strangely, when I plot the ParticleAge, it has a maximum of 0.74499, no matter what value of Termination Time -greater than 0.75 - I use; this value is much smaller than the available timesteps ranging from 0.0 to 7.33

I use 'Force reinjection every 0 steps"

Are there more guidelines on the wiki on how to operate the filter?

TIA