[Paraview] Packaging ParaView

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Apr 16 09:06:37 EDT 2013

Michael,

Superbuild can indeed be customized to suit your needs. However,
you'll have to start with a new fork of the repo. As the wiki
explains, http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Superbuild, the Superbuild
simply builds all needed projects and then builds paraview (Look at
paraview.cmake). It also include rules for each of OS to create a
bundle/package (paraview.bundle.cmake). Create a new fork with just
paraview.cmake, paraview.build.cmake, paraview.bundle.common.cmake
(and the fixup scripts for OSX) and then customize these files as per
your needs i.e. tell ParaView to use Qt/HDF from your build, adjust
paraview.bundle.cmake to package extra dependencies, among others.

You can edit the top-level CMakeLists.txt to remove the include(..)
calls to dependencies you are no longer building as part of the
superbuild (or add new ones).

Hope that helps. Feel free to holler if you run into issues or need
further explanations.

Utkarsh