[Paraview] Material Interface Filter

Kashiwa, Bucky bak at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 9 11:44:17 EDT 2013

So I'm trying to use the Material Interface Filter:

http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Users_Guide/List_of_filters#Material_Interface_Filter

and have carefully created XML datafiles using vtkNonOverlappingAMR (*.vth) format.  Unfortunately the v3.98.1 gui does not furnish the Properties option 'Down Convert Volume Fractions' when reading in the datafiles in *.vth format.   (In fact the Properties menu has only the 'Default Number of Levels' slider, and no cell data selector, and no 'Down Convert..' selector.)  Consequently the Material Interface Filter has an empty choice for 'Select Material Fraction Arrays', and so the filter does not know what to do.  Alas, the only format that seems to generate the 'Down Convert..' option is *.spct, which, of course, we do not have in this case.

Is there another filter that I need to run prior to doing 'Material Interface Filter', or am I just plain out of luck here?

Thanks for your very capable help.
<>Bucky Kashiwa PhD, PE  <> Post: MS B216, Los Alamos, NM  87545       <>
<>  Ofc: TA3-SM123-RM276 <>Email: bak at lanl.gov<mailto:bak at lanl.gov>, kashiwa at qwest.net<mailto:kashiwa at qwest.net>      <>
<>Voice: 505-667-8812    <>  Fax: 505-665-5926  <>
                         <> Home: 505-988-7332  <> Cell: 505-795-5581  <>