[Paraview] Parallel paraview crashes when opening files

Georg Hammerl hammerl at lnm.mw.tum.de
Fri Apr 5 06:11:39 EDT 2013

Hello,

I have compiled paraview from the git repo with MPI support on my Linux
64-bit machine (openmpi 1.5.4). I can start Paraview with multiple
processors, but when I try to open one of my result files I get the
following error and Paraview is closed automatically:

ERROR: In
/home/hammerl/programs_local/paraview_git/VTK/Parallel/Core/vtkSocketCommunicator.cxx,
line 812
vtkSocketCommunicator (0x2090510): Could not receive tag. 188969

Attached is a file that can be used to reproduce the error.

I appreciate any help to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Georg

--
Dipl.-Ing. Georg Hammerl