[Paraview] Slice with discrete colours does not work for 10 colors

Sijbrand Balkema sijbrand.balkema at deltares.nl
Tue Apr 2 09:30:51 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to make a slice with 10 discrete colours to combine with
contour lines (from contour filter). I figured out that I always need
one extra value in the contour range to get the right number of lines -
so far so good. But somehow the slice filter does not give me the right
colour patches: using 10 or 12 discrete colours only changes the colour
map, but the patches stay exactly the same. It seems that it is giving
the patches corresponding to 16 discrete colours and hence, the 10
contour lines (range with 11 values) will not match; I need 17 values.
It seems to me that this is a bug; does anyone know about this or am I
missing something here? How can I get my contour-plot with (about) 10
colour (16 is just a little too much). thanks in advance,

Sijbrand

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.