[Paraview] ParaView Research Project

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Wed Nov 7 14:43:07 EST 2012

To quickly answer your question, the data partitioning is usually chosen by the reader.  The ParaView/VTK system simply asks the reader to load piece i of n, where i is generally set to the rank of the MPI process.

Things are different for structured grids (i.e. uniform, rectilinear, and curvilinear grids).  It's more complicated due to the way VTK handles these type of extents.

-Ken