[Paraview] I can't read a binary 'raw' data image file

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 6 09:54:19 EST 2012

This is a bit off the question you asked, but you might consider making a
NRRD header file, which is a simple text file that provides the
information you normally have to enter by hand in the raw file reader
(http://teem.sourceforge.net/nrrd/).  I like using NRRD headers so that I
don't have to continually enter this information (that I tend to forget)
every time I load the file, and that don't have that gotcha with the
dimensions/extent indexing that Cory describes.

As an example, a NRRD header file for your file could be called
snail_partial_348x250x348_float32.nhdr and contain the following:

NRRD0004
dimension: 3
sizes: 348 250 348
spacings: 1 1 1
endian: little
type: float (or `unsigned char' for the other version)
encoding: raw
data file: snail_partial_348x250x348_float32.raw

-Ken