[Paraview] Problem with Contour filter

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:06:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am applying the Contour filter on a 3D dataset of *.VTR type with
non-uniform grid in all three directions.
I am expecting the iso-surface of vorticity magnitude of, say, 5.
The precision is FLOAT (I have tried DOUBLE as well and did not see any
difference).
The question is:
Why do I see some strange behavior at some parts of the surface. For
instance, the iso-surface is suddenly stopped and ends with wiggles and
ratchets on its boundaries?
Attached, you can see what is exactly happening.
The correct behavior is captured by the same filter in one half of the
domain, and not the other side.
Anyone has experienced similar problems before?
(I am using PV 3.14 on an Ubuntu machine. )

Cheers,
Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani