[Paraview] Oilflow - Surface flow

Richard GRENON richard.grenon at onera.fr
Thu Mar 29 10:39:01 EDT 2012

Lorenzo.

There is a LIC parameter that is responsible of the "heavy" feature when
you pan, rotate, zoom, etc..

Look at the bottom of the "Display" tab of your object that use LIC: you
will see the option "Use LIC when using LOD". This option is checked by
default and makes LIC to recompute the rendering while your are moving
the object.

Uncheck this option: LIC will be deactivated while you are changing the
view and it will render the object only when you will release the mouse
button. It may take a while before rendering occurs after mouse button
release depending on a parameter in the settings: menu "Edit->Settings",
select "Render View" and look at the value of the "Lock interactive
render" parameter: it should be 2 (seconds) by default and you may set
it to zero.

@David:
> I think the surface vectors and surface flows filters are meant to
> address this problem.
I have tested these filters together with the "Stream tracer with Custom
source" filter, but I never succeeded in getting full streamlines on the
curved surface of an aircraft. I think there is really a problem of
projection in the Stream Tracer algorithm. I wonder if this projection
is done as it is only a second order modification of the vector
direction and it is not needed to follow a stream line in volume.

Richard.

--
 Richard GRENON
 ONERA